Friday, May 18, 2007

A Long Day Ahead

For those wondering, "When does all this crazy Vagabondary finally end?" I have an answer... Saturday. But, let me describe the plan to finish this adventure with a bang (or at least a long drawn out rumble).

Tomorrw morning, I catch a bus at 5:45 am Costa Rica time (4:45 Los Angeles time) for the 6 hour ride to San Jose. When I arrive in San Jose, I take a short taxi (not a long one, we already went over that) from one bus station to another bus station. Then, I take a bus from downtown San Jose to the airport. I expect to arrive at the San Jose airport around 1:15 pm.

Then, I wait for about 5 hours. My flight leaves San Jose at 6:15 pm. But, since my bus options were the 5:45 or a noon bus (too late), I'll be arriving plenty early for my pending flight.

At 6:15 pm I leave Costa Rica for antoher 6 hour journey - arriving in LA at 11:30 (12:30 Costa Rica time).

Check my math, but I think it's about 19 hours of travel. I hope I can find a plug in airport for my iPod!
Now, why am I not flying out of Liberia? A good question. And I don't have an answer. Rookie mistake, I suppose.

No comments: