Friday, May 18, 2007

And the winners are...

I'd like to thank the academy for this oportunity.

I'd also like to thank Maret, Mike, Emily, and Scott. Certainly, others have made comparable contributions to the page-counter, but my amature sluething abilities lead me to believe that these 4 are my top readers.

I just like to name drop, so there you go - you're on my blog! Thanks for your comments as well as your encouragement. (Thanks also to all you annonymous browsers of my ramblings: Kathryn, Wendy, my parents and sisters... and more).

This has been a fun trip and I'm not done blogging yet, but I wanted to get you (named and un-named) on here before I forgot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I enjoy this 15 minutes of fame.

bohdimlh said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your posts and wish I was traveling with you! I loved Guatemala, and I loved Costa Rica when I lived there, but it sure has changed. There was no tourism and no middle class when we lived there. Way different. Too bad. It’s like the Leo DiCaprio movie The Beach. Tourists are always looking for the tropical paradise but have an unstoppable urge to tell everyone about it and then those people go too and tell more people, etc, and then paradise gets changed and lost. Cultures get watered down and commercialized. Like Hawaii ultimately. Sad in many ways, but what can be done? And if people try to get out and see the world before it changes it just speeds things up. Change is inevitable. So I don’t think we should feel bad. Now there is a huge middle class in Costa Rica and they can get educated, travel and share in the human experience also.