Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wow - This is good!

Finally I made it to the weekly dinner party at the student house. Last week, I wandered the streets looking for the famed house (to no avail) and went home unfed, and unhappy.

This week, I had a guide and I was able to join in Francis' weekly feast. Aside from Easter Dinner (dang, I just realized I didn't write about East Dinner!!!) this was one of the best meals I've had during my trip. He made us pasta AND curry. Oh, how I miss good curry!

Anyhow,k we hung out for a few hours and I dug through Francis' iPod of really great music (or rather, he showcased some great music). I stopped collecting, buying, and picking music several years ago. I guess I've saved money and dedicated my time in other persuits, but I miss knowing great music.
Easter: I met a family (a couple) at church and they invited me to join them, the missionaries, and a two other families visiten Guatemala from the states. 15+ joined for a feast of true Easter proportions. I had kinda forgotten about mashed potatoes, gravey, roast, and all that. I loved the food I was getting from Casa Juanita, but it (gratefully) avoided that American bloated "I've eaten too much feeling." I didn't really miss that feeling, but maybe it helps paint the picture of what a feast we had.

No comments: