Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So this is the internet, eh?

Oh my gosh, so THIS is why people like the internet so much! I just signed onto a computer here in Costa Rica (yes, I've relocated), and wow... Now we're talking. This is a Pentium 4 with a 17 inch montior, and an optical mouse. Let's just call it heaven.

The connection speed is only slightly faster than Antigua, but the computer's speed makes a huge difference. Anyhow, I'm only telling you this because - well - it's part of the experience and people have asked how the comptuers are here.

In Guatemala, Skype was really big and all the Internet Cafe's were set up for people to talk over the internet. Strangely, here in Costa Rica... although the computers are much better, I don't see a headset connected to any of them. Maybe international calls are cheaper who. Who knows.

No comments: