Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pot, Weed, Grass, and a Good Smoke

OK, so I've started my travels in Costa Rica (I got here this morning after a very early wake up call to catch a shuttle to Guatemala City and my 8:20 flight). My inital destination is actually Bocas del Toro, Panama (for the geographically challenged, that's actually south east of Costa Rica - and a different country alltogether). Anyhow, I'm not there yet, but I'm spending a day in Puerto Viajo. And well, it's hard not to wander through wafts (is that a word) of the worlds favorite weed (asside from tobacco) being smoked here and there.

Also, I feel like I've entered the Bob Marley capitol of the world (Erik, eat your heart out). It turns out that (until recently) this side of Costa Rica was mostly populated by people who came many years ago from various Carribean countries to work for the old fruit companies.

So, the food, the music, the language, the people... it's all different. There is some Spanish here, but there's plento of some other language(s) as well. English is now my default language, but I go in and out of Spanish as well.

No comments: