Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dinner

Tom, Tom, and Vicki recommended a restaurant in town. Of course, now you´re wondering who Tom, Tom, and Vicki are.

Answer- They are 3 students from England on a bit of a service trek, walkabout sort of thingy. In fact, they were part of a group of 100+ 20-somethings taking 3 months to work with people in poorer parts of Costa Rica, and pirmarily Nicaragua. Sounds like a cool way to spend the year after high school. They say it´s pretty common in England to take a ¨break¨ before beginning university.

Anyhow, dinner. So I went to their recommended eatery and found that I´m having a hard time adjusting to the abundance of food being thrown around here. In Guatemala, I usually ate ¨just enough¨ and was never stuffed. Not the case in Panama - or Costa Rica. Now, granted this might have something to do with my house mom, but also the restaurants I went to in Guatemala didn´t give me that overwhelmingly bloated feeling. I´m not a fan.

So, if you like that feeling and want a good meal... Check out Buena Vista, next to the police station. Cool atmosphere, and the bartenders pretty cool (even if he doesn´t understand why I ordered my drink sin alcohol).

No comments: