Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hostel

I´ve arrived in San Jose. I´m here for the night before catching another bus to Tamarindo. Including the boat, the taxis, the bus, and the short walk accross town, it´was nearly 8 hours from Panama to my new ¨home¨ for the night. Tomorrow I have another 5+ hours getting to Tamarindo. I thought about doing it all tomorrow, but wise (I think) opted out.

I´m staying at my first ¨real¨ hostel of this trip. In Puerto Viejo and Bocas del Torro, I found other cheap sleeping arrangements.

Anyhow- random people, free internet, pancake breakfast, styling decor, books, games, laundry service, etc... All the true world traveler could want. Now, when I decide I want to sleep - I might feel otherwise (since I dont´t know if-when the ¨quiet¨ starts).

Anyhow, nice little place to call home for $9. I wish I wasn´t packing so much stuff and that I could take a few weeks to Hostel Hop and see stuff. But, alas - that´s not what this trip is about. Remember - I´m here to study Spanish.

Still... I think I need to start planning a Hostelling Adventure. It was super fun in 1999 in Scandanavia and with Ryan through other parts of Europe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't forget about the one night hostel experience in Sevilla... Four Americans in one bed!

You know me, I'm always up for an adventure, so if you need a prissy chicago girl to come along on a hostel adventure, just say the word!