Saturday, April 28, 2007

3 Hour Tour

Remember that tour gone bad (interupted by the rain)? Well, one of my fellow ship mates took it upon herself to arrange a follow-up completion of said adventure (for no additional cost).

Yup, I was walking down the street and they started calling out to me from a restaurant patio. Normally, I try to make it a habit to ignore people yelling at me in foreign countries, but I made an exception this time. Good thing too. That was later in the afternoon after I had cleaned up and enjoyed the wonders of the Bocas Internet Cafe. They told me we had another boat scheduled for anyone from the original 3 hour tour who wanted to do the other half.

Cha Ching!

So, this morning, before leaving Bocas - I was out on the water (and in the water) again. The snorkeling wasn´t as good today, if you´re into colorful coral. However, the fish were amazing. We were snorkelling in 5 feet of coral and plants and there were tons of fish in a variety of sizes and colors. Fun times.

Then, we went to Red Frog beach - appropriately named for the poisonous red frogs. Don´t worry, they hide in the trees and avoid the actual beach. The water was great. The sun was hidden (actually a good thing, I´m not a sun worshipper - so I enjoyed th




Anyhow, Bocas ended up being a stellar weekend trip to start off my oh-too-short stay in Costa Rica. I just realized that since I´m flying home on a saturday, and because this weekend is pretty well gone... I only have 2 free weekends in Costa Rica (when I can get ¨out¨ and see stuff). I´d better make it good!

And the company was great. Although Puerto Viejo didn´t really test my Spanish, the rest of the weekend did. I was able to have quite a few effective and worthwhile conversations with my fellow shiopmates (especially since we did 2 different 3 hour tours as a group - and I´m the only one who speaks English as a native language).

No comments: