Friday, April 27, 2007

Puerto Viejo

OK... OK... I said I was going to Costa Rica, and my first thought after getting off the plane was, "get out of the country." Not really, but almost. Several people told me I had to visit Boca del Toro, Panama. And I was also told that San Jose wasn't anything "special." So, I'm going to Bocas del Toro. I do what my friends tell me (most of my friends).

En route, I stopped here... Why? It just seemed like a good idea (given that I had to stop somewhere). I decided I'd get up to watch the sunrise over the ocean. So, two days in a row, I was up at 4:30. Bad choice... Turns out all night I was afraid I was going to oversleep, so I couldn't sleep very well, and I had really weird dreams (including people breaking into my room, AND Sarah Kent asking if she could join us on the hike).

Even so, this is a beautiful stopping point (even if the sunrise was nothing special.

No comments: