Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cool Places in Antigua

I left Antigua in a hurry, or rather I was hurriedly preparing when the time came that I had to leave.

I manage to hit a few final ruins and sites in my final days and I'm so glad I did. I did stumbled onto a few gems that I'd missed along the way. Oh sure San Fransisco still is my favorite ruin in the city, but I found a few other places I would have liked to wander more often during my stay.

Sorry no pictures, but if we're ever in Antigua together, I'm taking you to the public library near McDonalds.* It (to me) finally put all the other ruins of the city in perpective. Now I have an image of what the old monastaries, convents, and churches looked like in their hey-days.
* Yes there is a McDonalds in Antigua - I'm proud to say I did NOT eat there, though I did visit it twice to look around. It may be the nicest McDonalds in the world.

No comments: