Monday, April 2, 2007

1979 Club

Well, I´m really pressed for time right now, but I wanted to be sure that Eva and Austin made it onto my blog before too much time had passed.

This is Eve. She´s a lot of fun. She smiles a lot. She has a really cool last name and I stood her up (and Austin) the other night. Note to self: "in" and "at" are two different and very specific words which ought not to be confused. She's here studying Spanish at "La Union" and finishing up a year+ in Central America (Costa Rica, mainly) teaching people to teach english. Too soon, she's heading back to Contecticut to reintroduce herself into American life. Sadness.

This is Austin. He's also a lot of fun. He's a great story teller (so is Eve, in case you think I'm being unfair in my personal descriptions). I have no idea what his last name is but I suppose I'll find out eventually. He's from the back hills of North Carolina and proud of it. If you long for a nick a nick name, and idom, or a good story. He's your man. I think he knows more about his fmaily history than anyone I know.

They were both born in 1979 (thus the 1979 club - which Eva started some years ago with other 1979ers). Alas, i'll never be in that club.

But, hey - I remember seeing Star Wars in the theater - so there!

No comments: