Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Coffe Water and Rain

We went on a bike tour south of town (this time to a coffe plantation). Both times we went biking, I forgot to bring the GPS. What was I thinking?

Anyhow, I had no idea how much work wass involved in making coffe. Seriously! Who thought of taking a bean, shelling it, drying it in the sun for 8-15 days, then shelling it AGAIN (yes, coffe beans have 2 shells), then processing it more, roasting it, then grinding it up and pouring steaming hot water through it to make a drink that tastes nasty (well, I don't actually know what it tastes like, but it smells horrible and people tell me it's an "aquired" taste), and then convince the world to drink several cups a day (not to mention paying a family of seven a total of $3 a day for 12 hours of work cultivating the beans in the fields)??????

Water is just fine for me - except when it comes from the sky during a bike ride back into town. It's not supposed to rain here until May. But, that didn't stop it from raining today though. This is what I looked like after getting aught in a late afternoon shower (a shower that wasn't due for 2 more months).

No comments: