Monday, March 26, 2007

Marisa´s Goodbye

Cafe Sky is a bar near the school I attend. It´s a nice litte place with a rooftop overlook of the city (and the sunset - if you´re there at the right time). A fellow student left on Saturday so we got together on Thursday (and again on Friday - don´t ask me why) to say goodbye. Oh sure, I´ve only been here 2 weeks, but people come and go pretty quick so it´s a notable occasion worthy of a gathering.

So, we gathered.

I´ll get a few pictures up this afternoon, but...

The view was soo cool as the sut set throught the clouds, and behind the volcanos. Marisa is heading back to the states to move from Philadelphia to New Hamsshire (did I get that right Marisa?). It´s really amazing the varied sorts of people that choose to come down here to study. Many of us know know Spanish before arrival, and others know plenty. At my school, Americans are a minority. OK, maybe everyone is a minority, but it seems like we´re outnumbered by French-Canadians and people from the Netherlands (Hollandais?) - oh and Koreans.

Anyhow, I´ve learned tons about Canada and Quebec in the last few days. It turns out it´s not just another state afterall (kidding!).

But yeah, I just gotta say... sitting on the roof sipping hot chocalate and watching the sun dissapear on a rather fantastic week was very nice (since I spent most of last week either)
1) in class
2) on tours
3) studying

I needed a rest.

No comments: