Saturday, April 21, 2007

Clubs and Bars

Clubs, bars, drinking, and just ¨hanging out¨ aren´t exactly ¨my thing.¨ But, I´ve found myself going out more and more as time passes here in Antigua. It´s just what people do in the evening. Granted, my first weeks here - I showered and did homework in the eveninsg. Things change over time.

For instance, Wednesday was Austin´s birthday - so we met at the Parque and off we went to find a room to kick it and celebrate! I have no idea what that face is. Just deal with it. Anyhow - we were Sara, Steven, Elise, Michael, Mia, Danielle and more. Austin pulls a good crowd. Fun times!

(My birthday is May 8, for those counting down the days! Shameless self promotion.)

Of course, the end result of this week was that by Friday morning when I got to class I was completely exhausted. I had climbed a volcanoe and then stayed out too late. Then, the next night, I was out again to say ¨goodbye¨ to Anna before she left (for real this time) not to mention a few hours pondering the religious answers to the universe with Austin. 5 hours of sleep a night, just leaves me wanting.

Then, last night (Friday) I heard people we going to see-hear some reggae. Now, that sounded good, so I got a nice nap in the afternoon and off we went. Well - reggae is NOT what we heard. It was three white guys pretending they knew what reggae was. I´m not sure if this video really does it justive, but seriously ' consider this one fact

- the drummer was ¨playing the drums¨ on an Apple iBook. Yeah. It left something to be desired. But the hot chocolate was good!

1 comment:

Scotty said...

Hey Dave. I completely empathize with you since I find myself in that conundrum about going to clubs. I don't mind going if there is either good music or good conversation. Usually it is not both since the good music usually drowns out the good conversation. If it is just a bunch of guys getting drunk I'm quick to pull the "I've got lots to do tomorrow" excuse. I'll admit, when I travel I do spend much more time in clubs than at other times. I'm sure I'll be don't some clubbing in Mexico in 3 weeks.