Friday, April 20, 2007

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Well, it's time for another bike tour). This time it was just Chelsea, Alfredo and me. We went to a few churches and sites that I hadn't been to (mainly because they're far outside town). Alfredo is always an entertaining guide and I've enjoyed his tours. This time I even bought him chocolate! Honestly, nothing much to write about here, but I wanted to mention him and the bike tours.
I have 2 days of school left (next Monday and Tuesday). Then, Wednesday, I'm off to Costa Rica. I've enjoyed Antigua, but I'm getting antsy for a new experience. Even so, I'll miss my life here - but I think I'm ready for something new. It's kinda like transfers.

Thinking of returning home one month from today has me a bit sad. My mom once told me that I'd evetually have to get a real job and stop travelling the world. I'm glad so far that the two (a job and travelling) have not been exclusive. The "realities" of "real life" really aren't that enticing. I'm an escapist at heart. I don't travel as much as I need to to maintain my mental health / so hopefully I can change that in the future.

I've met some great people here and it's been mind expanding. I highly recommend it. I've reflected on how this reminds me of my time in Korea and how it's sad that the only time some people find for such adventures is in their early 20s. There's something to be said for a "break" at 35 to reflect, learn, pause, and ponder. I suppose some people can do it 15-mintues-at-a-time one day at a time (and I should probably learn to do that more effectively), but this 68-days-of-discovery thing is definetly a different beast and one I'm grateful I'm doing.
Oh and the title - Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. I learned the word in 5th grade. Supposedly, it's the longest word in the english language. I have no idea what the longest spanish word is. I've only been here 6 weeks. Give me a break.

No comments: