Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Close Encounters of the Best Kind

OK, so I'm hiking up this Pacaya in the middle of Guatemala, not really thinking of Los Angeles or anything of the sort. Then, when what do you know... three hot chicas (PS Mom: it's ok - in fact normal - to use the word "chica" to describe the various women in my life) come walking up the trail. And well, like the next guy, I'm one to notice hot chicas (but not always one to be noticed). But what a fine surprise to realize that not only were these hot chicas just as hot as (though not possible to be any hotter than) three chicas I knew long ago in LA. In fact, it was them - and they noticed me about the same time I noticed them.!!!

What the heck. Who would think that on a random Wendesday in the middle of Central America on a vocanoe trail in the back country, I would run into Lisa, Cubbie and Jill. Crazy small world! It's good to know someone missed me so much that they had to hunt me down abroad (not "hunt me down a broad" - though I suppose that wouldn't be all that bad either).

Anyhow, what a pleasant surprise running into them. Granted, their guide was rushing them up and my guide was rushing me down, so we barely chatted and took a few photos. And, I spoke a little Spanish with them, but not really enough to prove that I've actually learned anything. But, that's ok. I was just taken back by finding them so unexpectedly.

Did I mention serendipity...
Plan for the best and expect better.

It works.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yeah, we are pretty hot, but not as hot as the volcano.

It was great to see you Dave!

Jill, Lisa, and Cubbie