Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sweet Suites

While travelling, I have stayed in a variety of "levels"of accomodations. Time with Rachel seems to lean heavily toward "high end" (thanks to the generous contributions of her employer towards her general comfort while "living" abroad). Time spent travelling alone (Yemen, for instace) lean toward the bottom end (thanks to the limited funds of my personal bank account and my generally low maitainence demands as a cheapskate traveler (same standards actually applied in Nepal - with Rachel - we're both frugal meisters in that respect).

Anyhow, I've certainly shot a plethora of photos (digital cameras make it far too easy to "just shoot one more") over the ensuing weeks, and I'll eventually sort through them and post SOME of them. I'm past 1,500 so you really don't want to see them all anyway.

In the mean time, I thought these two videos would be mildly entertaining and show the contrast of options in accomodations.

My Hotel in Yemen


Our Hotel in UAE

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hilarious! Love it! That's truly amazing. I think we only had 3 chairs in Istanbul. I feel jipped.