Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shoe Golf and our President

In 1988 Lee Russell and I played shoe golf during lunch (more than once). We would wander outside and set up a course... then attempt to kick our shoes from "hole" to "hole" by launching them in parabolic arcs into the air.

I'm left wondering if Lee has since defected to Iraq and become and international journalist... specializing in shoe baseball?

I've been seeing and reading reports of that recent journalists' Press-Room-Rage. But, I'm learning about it throught he filter of the midle east perspective. Although I have yet to meet anyone overtly opposed to Americans or The United States... there are plenty happily congratulating me on our upcoming change in leadership. They're all quite happy to see Bush go, and apparently giddy with anticipation of what Omaba will bring to the world scene!

Also, I've been hearing (from Jen) how exstatic the Kenyans are our our new US president from Kenya. Seriously? Wow - I think some people need a little ejukatin! Even so, I'm guessing there are a few Americans that could also use a does of "seriously - do you know anything about international politics or cultures?"

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ha ha ha! I didn't know what "edukatin" meants, so I copied and pasted into my google search bar to get a definition! I feel so intelligent right now! Ha ha ha!