Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sure, Why Not?

When I planned (and I use that word loosely) this trip, I didn't really have many specifics in mind. I only knew that I had an invite for a place to stay in UAE and a cousin ready to welcome me point me in the right directions to find entertaining and enlightening adventures.

As the plans developed, and I arranged time off - Rachel mentioned he was interested in leaving UAE during the time I was planning to be there... and how convenient... she wanted to leave to see places I too wanted to see. So, when rachel asked, "Do you want to go to Nepal?" I said - "Sure, why not?" And when she mentioned Lebanon, I echoed, "Sure, why not."

So, the trip of UAE, Yemen and Oman - expanded to include Nepal and Lebanon. I really didn't know what I was doing on the front end - except that I wanted to travel for about a month and UAE would be home base. I had considered Thailand and some other destintations - but that's the basics of how the trip developed.

I'm a "Yes" guy - and that often casues me trouble, but in this case - it was a perfect situation. Ask me if I want to travel somewhere, and chance are... the answer is "sure, why not."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, I recognize the Hilton suite in your video. Did you have any of the avacado drink available in the hospitality suite? Delicious! The chairs are for draping things over. More chairs and a reflection of more stuff to drape. You can do it... you just have to understand the system. Glad you and Rachel found each other!