Saturday, April 14, 2007

Trapped (in Rio Dull Say)...

First off, this city is really called ¨Rio Dolce,¨ and it´s a launching point for boat rides down the (you guessed it) rio. Boat rides, which are supposed to be amazing, but I wouldn´t know.

Due to a rooky mistake (I´m out of practice with this whole, show up in town and get moving¨ quickly thing)... I´m stuck here, and I haven´t been out on the water. If I´m lucky, I´ll get out in the morning - before I have to catch my bus home to Antigua at noon. If not, well - I had a lot of Spanish practice (and that´s always a good thing).

I got here too late to take a tour and I got a hotel room here before I realized I´d rather relocate (to Livingston) before bed-time (something it seems I did have time for). I´d heard a lot of great stuff about ¨Rio Dolce¨ but, I assure you, those comments must be about the river and not the city. I suppose I´m in a bit of a grumpy mood - so it´s probably good that I´m alone for this little side-trip.

Oh well - live and learn... And if you even come to Rio Dulce, get out of town as fast as possible. I hear there are little hotels scattered around the lake that might be pretty nice (and secluded from the overcrowded STREET - yes, street, singular - that is Rio Dolce). Again, I wouldn´t know - because (rooky mistake) I have a cheap little shack of a hotel room near the bus station. A map would probably help. Maybe I should tell Lonely Planet?

Maybe this* has something to do with why I´m grumpy.

*Not the card, but the absence of its author.

No comments: