Saturday, April 14, 2007

Tikal

We spent 2 hours at Tikal Thursday afternoon (after the surgery on the t-shirt) and all day Friday. A friend of Eve´s (Mike) joined us on Thursday (but mysteriously dissapeared on Friday). Anyhow, doesn´t Eve look great in that green t-shirt?!

Anyhow, I´m not really sure what to say except ¨Wow¨ - which happens to be what I kept saying Friday morning as we wandered the paths from temple to temple. Initially Eve wasn´t as taken back by it all as me, but I´m weird that way - and I have a unsatisfied facination with ancient Mayan (and other Indigeonous American) cultures and archeology. Anyhow, I really liked it. I puts Chichén Itzá and the Pyramids outside Mexico City to shame (in my opinion).

So yeah, we wandered, climbed, took photos, and dripped gallons of sweat (and mixed it with sunscreen for a fantastic sticky end result). My point is - it´s HOT in the jungles of Guatemala. Thursday ended up being worse than Friday though. I think it had something to do with being tired out by the bus ride and having a hard time ¨getting going¨ that day. So initially, Thursday ended up being a pretty mellow (and a bit stressful) day as both Eve and I werén´t really firing all cylinders... But in the end, it was a good time and I really enjoyed seeing all the ruins and spending time with Eve.

No comments: