Monday, January 28, 2008

Hakuna Matata

Don't worry. I've survived (and completely enjoyed) my week away from civilization - yet I couldn't stay away from the internet for another moment.

I've pretty much decided thought that I'll be writing up the trip and all the adventures... after I return. Time is short and the computer options are somewhat limiting.

Suffice it to say, things are grand. Our travel group has been a great mix of people from around the US. Three of us were new to Kenya, and the other six helped us to quickly adjust.

The people near Kitundu were wonderful and I took a bazillion photos of smiling kids (as well as hard working adults and amazing landscapes). The work we did there was exhausting, but the impact will be nothing shy of amazing.

From here, we head out to a safari. We'll be sleeping in "tents" tomorrow night, but I'm told these aren't normal tents.

Anyhow, that's enough to let you know I'm alive and well and enjoying myself. If you've been checking back looking for updates, thanks for up-ing my web counter and I appologize for the limited entries. I promise to make up for it later. And if you haven't been checking, then - well - I congratualte you on not wasting time on the internet.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Dave...I just want you to know that you are seeing more in this trip than most of your friends will ever see of Africa (probably nothing.) I've only been to Morocco myself. Don't worry about the Brazilian flip-flops. Either way, I've got you covered. I bought so many extra pairs, I can have you outfitted upon your return, OR Brazil is always a place I'll return to. Way to put them to good use! :) Kristie

tessat said...

We all miss you here at work and can't wait for you to return. We'll have so much to talk about and I can't wait to hear about your experiences. I'm certain the good work you're doing in Africa will impact more lives than you know. Keep up the good work and return safely.

Tessa

Scotty said...

By the way, Eric Anderson was in Morocco last week and is now in Spain. So, two friends independently found themselves in Africa at the same time. Meanwhile I'm putting someone to sleep so they can remove his skull and tinker around with his brain. Where I'd rather be, you say? Hum, I think Africa sounds appealing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave!
Thanks for the update. EDB