Friday, January 18, 2008

No Riots in Kenya

Yup - that's what our taxi driver said on the way from the airport yesterday. Granted, he then took the roundabout way to avoid certain parts of town (I love having a GPS). Eventually he fessed up and said there "had" been some riots, but people were tired of it now. Anyhow, whatever the case - the city (the parts I saw) are all pretty safe and average.

We're leaving in an hour to go to Kitundu (where they don't have electricity, so internet is pretty much out of the question). Yes, I'm alive. Things are great. I did laundry in my bathroom yesterday. We are now 9 people and we're excited for our week ahead.

The final and third week will have us on Safari and visiting other parts of the country. I'm worried though, since I can't seem to find the rest of my AA batteries. Camera - don't fail me now!!!!

dave

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Went to the National Cathedral today. There is a candle burning brightly there for ya so I think you will be safe now. Peace out.

tessat said...

Seriously, stay safe. There are loads of reports here in the US about the violence. Perhaps Phyllis can keep you up to date too.

I can't wait to see all your photos.