Thursday, May 3, 2007

Wayra

Wayra is my new school in Costa Rica. They picked me up (in a minivan) from my host family bright and early Monday morning (not a problem though, since I was already up quite early without a problem). Anyhow, I had a quick interview and then I was told I'd start class in the afternoon. Huh? Oh, ok - so I guess I had the morning to explore town (something I enjoy). So off I went...

That afternoon, I started class. I'm in a "group" class, but that ends up being totally fine, since it's a "group" of 2 students. I was a bit worried that I'd end up in a class with 5 people (which I was prepared for, but not particularly looking forward to). Instead, it's Josh and me with Sylvia as our teacher - for week one anyhow (since Josh is leaving at the end of the week), and I'll change teachers next week. Every week - a new teacher. That's how it is.

And (as with La Union) there was an afterschool activity... We learned how to make (i.e. we helped cook) something of a local treat. I can't remember what it was called or how to make it, but it was fun nonetheless hanging out with the other students and trying some local food.

No comments: