Thursday, May 3, 2007

Tico Tren


Tico is Spanish for "Costa Rican."

Tren is "train"

This is the Tico Tren.

It's a bit hokey (for lack of a better word), but I'm glad I rode it. I got a nice overview of the city without having to kill hours walking. Also, the driver's son gave a nice little "this is this and that is that" speach (bilingually, I might add).

Granted, the book said it would be $2 and it was really $4, but who's couting? We saw a tree that John F. Kenedy planted. We saw the supreme court. We saw a house that's now a restaurante (don't ask me why it's on the tour). And more. Fun times.

Oh sure, the "train" broke down at one point and we had a 10 minute "wait while we clean out the carborator" moment and I ended up missing the 1 pm bus to Tamarindo, but again: who's counting.

No comments: