Thursday, May 3, 2007

Rendevous

Luckily, on Sunday I was able to catch the last bus to Tamarindo at 3:30. Thing is, it's a 6+ hour ride and I didn't want to show up on my family's door step at some crazy late hour. Luckily, the bus ran a little ahead of schedule.. But, here's the trick. I was told to get off at one stop - and my family was waiting for me (something I didn't know to expect) at a different stop.

So, I grabbed a taxi (like I had been instructed in an email from the school) and made my way to the house (at about 9:30 - pushing it in my mind for "late arrival"). I even had a phone number so the cab driver gave them a call to be sure things were good (and to help us find the house - since the address was "150 Meters East of the Plaza). No one answered. Wooops.

Nothing like being out at night in a new city with nothing but dirt roads in all directions and a cab driver who can't figure out where to take you. Anyhow, the "mom" wandered up the street about the time I was starting to worry and said she had been at the "other" bus stop waiting for me.

Oh well - long story with a boring ending.

Things worked out. I was exhausted. I moved in, showered (first time in 3+ days, thanks) and went to bed...

I met the animals the next morning.

No comments: