Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Photos

I shot about 2,500 photos/videos (rough estimate) during the trip. That works out to about one roll of film a day (in the days before digital) so it's not that much. Since I had over 18 GB* of space to store images, I kinda went picture-happy as I plowed my way through shot... after shot... after shot... after shot...

My guess is that few will have the time (or interest) to look at them all, but I've posted as many as I could for anyone who does (have the time or interest - mainly my fellow traveling companions so they can find images from our times together for their own collections).

I've broken the collection up into 9 albums by location... So, feel free to browse through whichever or whatever suits your fancy!
Although I've been a long supporter of Ofoto - their system wasn't ready to handle this sort of volume. So, I've posted them at snapfish. You'll probably have to log-in to see the images; I hope that works for you!

See the end-note for info about alternative download options.
Before and After - 19 photos
Los Angeles moments before and moments after...

Antigua - 1169 photos (home base in Guatemala)
Colonial City
Religious Processionals
Spanish School - "La Union"
A Triumvirate of Wandering
Churches, Cathedrals, Ruins


Lake Atitlan and Chichicastenango - 95 photos
Remote Pueblos
Central American Market
Reggaeton
Road Trip


Tikal and Rio Dulce - 174 photos
Ancient Ruins
The Freezing Bus Ride
Castle to Fend off Pirates!


San Jose - 67 photos (passing through 3 times)
Tico Train
Children's Museum
Over Commercialized Central American City


Panama - 139 photos (and the trip there and back)
Wild border crossing
Snorkeling and Dolphins
Water Taxi


Tamarindo - 203 photos (home base in Costa Rica)
Beaches
Surfing
Language School: Wayra


Monteverde - 188 photos (and the cloud forest)
Zip Lines
Bugs
Cloud Forrest


La Fortuna - 91 photos (and the volcano - Arenal)
Hiking
Volcanoes
Vistas
Hot Springs


Panoramas - 31 photos
Wide-screen panoramas from various times and places throughout the trip.



For those who want access to these files in full, high-res splendor - something snapfish wont give you for free - I've posted them all here on my web site. Be forewarned: this is a pretty slow server (but if you want access to the original files, this is where they are). The names match the names listed on snapfish and all the images include the date-shot. You should be able to find any file you need...

If you just want to browse the lo-res images, but can't/won't log into snapfish, the entire collection is here. (It will load much slower than snapfish - but it's an option).

Finally - the movies and Virtual-Reality files are here.

No comments: