Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Food and Conversation

So yeah, after four hours with Freddy I went home. Lunch had been pretty quiet, with a lot of smiles and laughter and little conversation (you know aside from the whole 'editoro' episode).

But over dinner I was able to ask Juatita about her family. It turns out she's a monther of 3 and grandmother of 9. I'm assuming there's a husband in the story but we didn't get to that. Two of her kids actually live in California. And her granddaughters actually stopped by for lunch earlier.

She has several guest rooms, but I'm her only guest/student right now. Who knows, maybe next week there will be more - or not.

I'm having flashbacks to the 'what do you learn at school today' conversations of younger years! If's fun and educational. I learn stuff at home and say it at school. And I learn stuff at school and say it at home.

I'll bet when I was younger, 'Where did you learn to say that?' had a different meaning when my mom and dad said it.

No comments: