Sunday, December 7, 2008

Where to begin - lundry Perhaps?

I feel like I could write volumes at this point. Oman was fantastic, but I still haven't even written up Yemen yet, and the adventures of the last 2 days here in UAE make for laugh upon laugh.

Rachel, my dad, Anna, and a slew of other people ahve been trying to find me (and I've been trying to find them) for a day or so. It's incredible how being "disconnected" can backfire when all you really want (in the moment) is to connect! Oops. Limited internet in Oman and a desire to pack every spare moment and well... what do you know... I lost Rachel.

With any luck, we'll meet up this evening and we're heading to Nepal tomorrow. Crazy life I live!?

FYI - laundry is not easily "done" in Abu Dhabi (you know - just in case you ever try). And frankly, I've been "aiming" for today as "Laundry Day." So, although I still smell pretty today, you might not want to be near me (on the flight, nonetheless) tomorrow. Wish me (and my seat-mates) luck!

You see - there just are not laundry mats (sp). They just don't exist (at least not near where I am). Instead, there are TONS of little stores that will wash items of clothing (as long as you're willing to give them 10 hours and a crazy amount of cahs). 3 shirts, 3 pants, and all my underwear: $18.

Oh sure, I could wash it and hang it in my hotel, but I have to check out long before it would be dry, and who wants moldy clothes in Nepal? Not me.

Anyhow, this is supposed to be funny, but it probably just comes accross like yet another "rookie mistake." I don't count it as such, but dang... seriously people: someon could make a killing by opening a launrdy mat. Get rich scheme, here I come: I'm moving to Abu Dhabi and opening a laundry mat!

No comments: