Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sure Why Not - Everest

How did I end up going to Nepal and Lebanon?
The same way I ended up on plane flying over Everest!

Rachel suggested it and I said, "sure why not." On our last day in Nepal, prior to our 9 am departures,
planned departures that is - ask Rachel about how her 9 am flight became a 4:45 pm flight, and how it brought me the joys of clean laundry
we caught an early morning flight over the mountains of northeast Nepal.

The views were stunning and I can now say (according to the signed cirtificate I received from the flight crew) that "I didn't climb Everest, but I touched it with my heart."

The whole process involved a crazy-mad-rush against time, security, and domestic/international terminals separated by a 5 minute run (or a 1 minute taxi-ride - worth every penny).

1 comment:

Sara said...

I feel like there's a long story here not being told . . .