Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Front Fell Off

I think I mentioned that I traveled with 8 other people (7 of whom I'd never met). One of the cool things about meeting new people is being introduced to new things, and well... I was introduced to my new favorite Podcast The Best of YouTube. Ok, truth is - I haven't watched it yet (aside from the one video Joshua and Melinda showed me on the bus-ride from Nairobi to Machakos). Thereafter, it became the quotable for the whole week.

This is "An Australian spoof interview from the early 90's.. an oil spill occurred off the coast of Western Australia due to the front of the boat falling off. Senator Bob Collins is played by John Clarke and the interviewer is Bryan Dawe."*

Another site I was led to by my travelling companion Joanne is like unto my favorite spam confirmation site: snopes.com. She prefers truthorficiton.com. I guess it matters which you use - just use one of them, and stop forwarding me emails about Bill Gates wanted to give me $100 for my email address - or little Betsy and her fight with cancer (since she's no longer little or fighting cancer).

Funny how 9,682 miles from home (and technology) things like that come up. I guess we're not all that different after-all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious video. I had to watch all the other ones. These two guys are my new faves, so thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

Betsy doesn't have cancer??