Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Zippity Do Da

OK, so here's the deal...
Length: 1476 ft.
Height: 426 ft.
It's really easy. All you have to do is

show up
pay $32
don't scream too loud
fly

Catherine was a bit worried about the heights (so it's probably a good thing we didn't tell her she'd get to do it 12 times! Yup, 12 zip lines throughout the cloud forrest near Monteverde. The first few runs are "practice" runs to get you ready for the real ones. What a rush (oh, wait - I mean view). The view of the forrest is fantastic, but I'll be honest - I was a bit distracted by the fact that I was flying by at 45 mph! I highly recommend it.



On the other hand, if you just don't trust your life to a small metal pulley and a stap of nylon webbing, there's always the other option: bridges. We did both. The bridges may not be as "adventurous" but we got yet another close look at the forrest, but this time from the air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did this in Peru while I was sick within inches of my life with Shigella. I'll send you the photo of me with a yellow helmet, green face, and a plastic smile.